- Supervise and train staff in Advising and Academic Support, including two Assistant Directors, the Director of Health Professions Advising, and an Administrative Assistant
- Participate in the Beaver College of Health Sciences Leadership Council
- Develop and oversee a strategic plan for holistic advising services, academic support services, and record maintenance for the College
- Develop and oversee a strategic plan for the office of Health Professions Advising, which includes advising all ASU students interested in graduate health professions programs, collaborating with Wake Forest PA program, and coordinating visits with health professions programs in area high schools and community colleges
- Develop and implement an enrollment and class seats management plan for the College
- Attend monthly Enrollment Management Associate Dean's meetings
- Assess the effectiveness of the Office of Advising and Academic Support, including Health Professions Advising
- Assist with review and implementation of curriculum changes and proposals
- Collaborate and consult with the Dean's Office on student issues and disputes
- Collaborate and consult with Academic Departments on advising policies and procedures, OAAS services, student records, advising materials, faculty mentoring program, etc.
- Assist with planning and conducting BCHS and University events, including Commencement, Orientations, Open House, recruitment events, etc.
- Serve as the Internship Approval Authority for BCHS
- Collaborate with campus offices, including the Registrar's Office, the Office of Transfer Services, the Career Development Center, the Learning Assistance Program, University College Advising, Enrollment Management, advising directors in other colleges, etc.
- Participate in the Internship Advisory Council, Enrollment Management Associate Dean's Council, University Advising Committee, and other working groups as needed
- Completing other duties as requested by the Associate Dean for Academic Support
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
$72,000 - $82,000
- Master's Degree from an accredited institution required, with a minimum of 5 years work experience in college or university setting.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Sensitivity, confidentiality, and concern for students.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in academic advising and student services at the college level.
- Supervisory experience and effective leadership skills.