- Under the general supervision of the Director of Graduate Programs, the Graduate Academic Advisor will:
- Advise students in the development of meaningful education plans; promote students' intellectual and personal development
- Discuss and clarify educational goals
- Help students to acquire relevant information and university services
- Interpret institutional, general education, and program requirements
- Evaluate and monitor student academic progress, course choice, and class schedule in the context of student life and career goals.
- The Graduate Academic Advisor will engage in the evaluation of student learning progress, career goals, and academic stressors
- Partner with the School of Business Career Center regarding how course selection interacts with internship and employment plans
- Analyze student information system data to better understand the academic challenges faced by particular student populations
- Assists faculty on determining course scheduling needs
- Evaluate petitions for exceptions.
- The incumbent will perform advising duties that are based on theories and knowledge of teaching, learning and human development, and reflect developmental advising approaches.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1357325
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel. UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points. In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers. U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices." Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions.
This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities." U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including: Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools, Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Abilities in problem identification, reasoning, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
- Skills in judgment and decision-making, problem solving.
- Thorough knowledge of department/school/college policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
- Knowledge of multiple majors, colleges, and schools
Through knowledge of college/school policies, procedures, and requirements.