Job Summary: The Graduate Programs Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, reviewing applications, advising, enrollment analysis, and support for all graduate programs in the School of Business.
- Serve as a primary resource and champion for the graduate programs in the School
- Screen applications and accumulate metrics for the program in relation to potential applicants
- Advise students about degree requirements, course selection, and academic policies
- Maintain student records and monitor academic progress and performance of advisees
- Promote graduate business programs via activities such as graduate and job fairs and build relationships with other universities
- Work closely with the University’s graduate and distance education office in supporting the graduate student population in the School of Business
- Prepare reports, including statistical summaries of student data, etc.
- Counsel undergraduate students especially with respect to their preparation for graduate programs
- Assist the Associate Dean in creating opportunities for faculty and students to engage in meaningful activities that support the teaching and learning process
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information (including name, email, and phone number) of three references to Glenda Estes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications. A pre-employment background check is required.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
- Strong work ethic
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, including listening
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks at once
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to work collaboratively with a variety of diverse constituents including students, parents, faculty, and administrators
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a preference in business or a closely related field
- Excellent written grammar skills
- Excellent electronic and face-to-face communication
- Proficiency with the use of technology such as databases, MS Office (especially excel), and Outlook e-mail/calendar
- Master of Business Administration, preferably from an AACSB accredited university
- Sales skills and making presentations to a group or one-on-one
- Experience in higher education, advising, or counseling, and an understanding of higher education academic and administrative policies and procedures
- Experience in advising distance students
- Knowledge of the OnBase, Banner, Degree Works, & Cognos computer systems