The Program Administrator for Pre-Health Advising will develop programming relevant to first-year and sophomore pre-health students and play a major role in onboarding them. S/he meets with students individually and in workshops as needed. Acts as a consultant to ITS regarding the Pre-Health Advising Slate platform, advising ITS on the Pre-Health unit’s needs. Manages the Brandeis Summer Shadowing program and the Alumni Mentoring Network. Monitors the Pre-Health Area Advising budget; recommends budget allocations. Provides administrative support to the office, including: processing of committee letters to health professions programs, event planning support, and maintenance of the Pre-Health Advising area budget.
- Onboard first and second year pre-health students.
- Create and present workshops on topics of interest to this student population.
- Engage in outreach. Collaborate with Director to develop sophomore check in and evaluation.
- Serve as part-time member of Board of Pre-Health Advisors. Participate in Board interviews as needed, providing applicants with feedback on interview skills and essays.
- Evaluate student applicants.
- Edit committee letters of recommendation.
- Manage the Brandeis Summer Shadowing Program. Maintain contact with existing Summer Shadowing sites.
- Develop new Summer Shadowing sites; manage outreach to students.
- Make selection decisions and match students with sites.
- Manage the Alumni Mentoring Network. Maintain a database of Alumni volunteers in the health professions.
- Train and educate Alumni volunteers on expectations, appropriate contacts, etc.
- Develop networking/responsibility guidelines for students/alumni who wish to access the Alumni volunteers.
- Act as consultant to LTS regarding Pre-Health Advising Slate platform. Advise LTS on Brandeis Pre-Health Board process and the needs of our unit.
- Research and develop comprehensive data management platform to integrate admissions data from centralized applications.
- Develop and maintain new system features.
- Troubleshoot user technical issues.
- Make recommendations to Director and Senior Advisor regarding usage of Slate platform.
- Monitor Pre-Health Advising Area budget.
- Make recommendations to Director regarding budget allocation to Alumni Mentoring, Summer Shadowing, and other efforts to maximize opportunity for connection between students and alumni.
- Provide administrative support for the committee letter process, including management of online application system.
- Organize and update student records.
- Format and upload approximately 125+ Committee Letters for Health Professions programs meeting stated deadlines.
- Provide additional administrative office support, i.e., updating the website, event planning, answering the general office email account.
Submit cover letter and resume as a single document at http://www.brandeis.edu/humanresources/jobs/external.html Elect option for "New Applicant". Sort the job listing by clicking the Job ID column heading. Locate the desired job listing. Click the job title and then Apply Now.
Brandeis University is a great employer for all the same reasons it is an outstanding university. Its commitment to inclusion, dedication to lifelong learning and commitment to excellence are just a few of the reasons our workplace culture shines bright.
Position to start August 2019
Jean Deo, Senior Advisor email@example.com
Bachelor’s degree required.1-3 years of work in higher education preferably in a health professions advising office or academic advising office.3-5 years of total work-related experience. Experience with public presentations, excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations, demonstrated ability to collaborate with faculty and staff. Excellent writing skills, database management and web site management. Ability to learn and manage new technology platforms. Must be detail oriented. Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.