Supports the program director by performing administrative duties related to planning, directing and coordinating both the academic and operational activities of the program.
- Facilitates the implementation of educational, transitional, and social programming that positively influences campus experience for students.
- Effectively supervises student workers, program assistants, and peer coaches exercising strong staff management and project leadership skills. Oversees the recruitment and training for program assistants and Second Year Success (SYS) peer coaches
- Advise students and provide the tools & resources to help them identify educationally meaningful co-curricular experiences, activities that encourage FGTMP and DREAM Resource student participation & learning
- Documentation of student contact information for academic advising/monthly peer coaching sessions. Works with partners on and off campus to coordinate and develop strategies to further meet the needs of DACA/international students on campus
- Works with the Division's Lead Administrator to keep up to date records regarding detailed monthly budget reports, purchase orders, catering expenses, social and academic workshop expenses, and monthly p-card reconciliation
- Works collaboratively with appropriate academic & other university partners to coordinate, plan, and implement co-curricular programs & activities that support and encourage FGTMP and DREAM Resource Center student engagement at Texas Tech
- Estimates yearly/semester budget for all required events and yearly programming. Keeps a running monthly budget of internal expenditures
- Develops, plans, prepares, markets, and executes the coordination of events and yearly calendar related to FGTMP and DREAM Resource Center including the I'm First Gen Summit
- Assists with the development & facilitation of workshops related to the work of the FGTM, DREAM Resource Center, meetings or conferences, and presentations on student transition & engagement to a wide variety of groups/individuals
- Participates in events on and off campus, for the office of FGTMP, DREAM Resource Center, and other units within the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Coordinate student applications for programs, including but not limited to online application collection, event registrations, volunteer confirmations, and answering application inquiries
- Understands educates, and puts into practice university policies & procedures as related to job function
- Understands and practices event management protocol & best practices related to risk management
- Creates program assessments to utilize in ensuring program progress and improvement for FGTMP and DREAM Resource Center
Apply online at http://www.workattexastech.com enter via STAFF portal and search for req#ID17316
Shortcut URL: https://bit.ly/2DCjlBU
Required Attachments: Cover Letter, Resume, and Professional/Personal References
If you should need assistance with the application process, please contact Texas Tech University, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition office at email@example.com or 806-742-3851
Texas Tech University is a Tier One University
Gale Soto, HR, Talent Acquisition
High School plus six years experience in related field. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Experience working with in creating access to professional, peer, and community support networks for first-generation, DACA, international, or low income students.
- Master's degree in higher education, student affairs, counseling, social work or related area. Experience with event planning and budget management.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate to underrepresented students through the use of communication and development of problem solving skills.
- Student worker supervision experience.