Senior Academic Advisor/Student Program Coordinator
Categories: Great Lakes Region 5
|College of Health & Human Sciences
|Apr 1 2019 10:00PM
|Open Until Filled
The Senior Academic Advisor/Student Program Coordinator will support the College of Health and Human Sciences (HHS).
Responsibilities include advising current students and meeting with prospective students and their families; participating in student recruitment activities; assisting in implementing, advising, and evaluating programs designed to foster the success of underrepresented populations and students academically at risk; and coordinating the planning and evaluation of student events. Another major responsibility of this role is coordinating the HHS Mentors Program and teaching the HHS Mentors class.
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
A cover letter is required addressing your interest and fit for this specific position. An attached file is preferred. A background check will be required for employment in this position. FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime) Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
Shane Hawkins-Wilding email@example.com
- Master's degree in Student Services, Counseling, Higher Education Administration, or Marketing
- Two (2) years of experience with student advising and recruitment
- Experience as a mentor or working with mentoring programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with faculty, staff, students, and parents
- Ability to problem solve and utilize campus resources for individuals and groups
- Ability and willingness to work in a changing environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of undergraduate student recruitment and marketing
- Knowledge of programs and majors at Purdue University
- Knowledge and experience with mentor programs
- Teaching experience
- Proficient with social media platforms and publication software