The Student Services Coordinator, Latinx Emphasis (Hispanic/Latino/Latina/etc.) is responsible for assisting students of color with retention services, particularly for Latinx students. As part of a team, this individual will work collaboratively across the university to lead and/or support initiatives related to equity, diversity, and inclusion for students of color. Additionally, this individual will lead or support curricular training related to supporting students of color on campus and in the community, with an emphasis on supporting Latinx students and their communities.
- Coordinate and develop services, programs, and activities to support the successful retention and graduation of Latinx students.
- Coordinate and develop activities and programming that will support the cultural, professional, and personal development of Latinx students.
- Advocate for the needs of all students of color on campus, particularly for Latinx students.
- Serve as a supplemental advisor for students of color, particularly for Latinx students, in areas that support personal, career, and social development.
- Maintain active relationships with local/regional/national agencies and organizations that support the needs of communities of color, especially those that focus on supporting Latinx populations.
- Serve as an advisor or co-advisor for student organizations that support Latinx student populations.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders across the campus and throughout the community to support the needs of Latinx students.
- Facilitate leadership professional development, and conference opportunities for students of color and multicultural student organizations.
- Connect students of color to various support services and resources.
- Create and monitor assessment tools to evaluate programs, services, and policies directly affecting students of color.
- Engage students of color and campus-wide constituencies through implementation of educational and culturally relevant co-curricular learning experiences
- Plan, develop, and execute events and activities to support students of color by using best practices in project management.
- Collect, analyze, and maintain student cohort information and prepare related reports, as required.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Student Services Coordinator, Latinx Emphasis position (Job ID # 15433) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached, and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Unofficial transcript
- Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to: Ms. Pa Kue Vue Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 715-836-3367
THE UNIT: The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) consists of six staff members, including five professional staff and one program assistant. OMA provides services and programs that support and enhance the collegiate experience for students of color. Through advising, advocacy, and outreach, OMA is dedicated to leading initiatives that create an equitable, diverse, and inclusive campus community. Learn more about our office at www.uwec.edu/multicultural/. UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
Ms. Pa Kue Vue Email: email@example.com Phone: 715-836-3367 www.uwec.edu/Employment