Student Success Advisor - Nursing
Categories: Northeast Region 1
|Center for Academic Services
|Mar 5 2019 10:00PM
The Student Success Advisor will work within The Center for Student Success. The advisor initiates advising interventions with students using a developmental and intrusive advising model to support the development and academic success of Husson students. The advisor will work with students to develop goals, explore academic options, and provide supportive feedback to students while communicating expectations, and facilitating the utilization of campus support services. This advisor will focus on incoming nursing and aspiring nursing students.
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rzfmrs435x99fk4z
• Serve as an Academic Advisor for a cohort of Husson nursing and aspiring nursing students with a focus on students first years at Husson.
• Utilize a variety of advising techniques and modalities to provide support to nursing students in transition or encountering academic and personal challenges.
• Collaborate with faculty and students to develop, implement and monitor remediation plans appropriate to the graduation requirements and expectations of the nursing program.
• Keep accurate records and notes of student interactions and outcomes.
• Provide clear and accurate explanations of university policy and academic expectations across a variety of departments and fields.
• Develop and provide workshops to foster academic and personal development in areas such as academic reading, exam preparation, math and science competency, time-management, study skills, etc.
• Provide academic coaching to students identified as needing additional support by faculty.
• Teach in the Husson Experience course (HE 111) as needed.
• Collaborate with academic advisors in all of the University's Schools/Colleges to coordinate student supports for at-risk students.
• Follow institutional guidelines on FERPA and confidentiality.
• Other duties as assigned.
Advisors will additionally have responsibility for aspects of specific programs and initiatives from the Center for student success, such as:
• Undeclared students
• Support for Student athletes
• Support for Graduate and Professional Programs
• Nursing and aspiring nursing students
• Provide direction for PAC (Peer Advising Connection)
• Eagle Week
• Intervention for students on Academic Probation
• International Student Advising
• Intercultural initiatives
Apply Online: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rzfmrs435x99fk4z
Required level: A Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of experience with college level students or the equivalent in experience; strength in student advocacy; strong problem-solving and collaborative skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; willingness to broaden and deepen areas of expertise in supporting student populations.
Preferred level: A degree pertaining to the field of nursing (such as a BSN) and/or a Master's degree with 3 or more years of progressively responsible experience in student advising/support/teaching at the college level; demonstrated record of building positive relationships with and advocating for students from diverse backgrounds in an academic setting; knowledge of current best practices in academic advising.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. PI108224187