Student Success Advisor
Categories: Northeast Region 1
|Center for Student Success
|May 15 2019 10:00PM
The Student Success Advisor will work within The Center for Student Success. The advisor initiates advising interventions with students using a developmental and intrusive advising model to support the development and academic success of Husson students. The advisor will work with students to develop goals, explore academic options, and provide supportive feedback to students while communicating expectations, and facilitating the utilization of campus support services.
- Serve as an Academic Advisor for a cohort of Husson students with a focus on undeclared students and students in their first years at Husson.
- Utilize a variety of advising techniques and modalities to provide support to students in transition or encountering academic and personal challenges.
- Collaborate with faculty and students to develop, implement and monitor remediation plans appropriate to the graduation requirements and expectations of a variety of academic programs.
- Keep accurate records and notes of student interactions and outcomes.
- Provide clear and accurate explanations of university policy and academic expectations across a variety of departments and fields.
- Develop and provide workshops to foster academic and personal development in areas such as academic reading, exam preparation, math and science competency, time-management, study skills, etc.
- Provide academic coaching to students identified as needing additional support by faculty.
- Teach in the Husson Experience course (HE 111) as needed.
- Collaborate with academic advisors in all of the University's Schools/Colleges to coordinate student supports for at-risk students.
- Follow institutional guidelines on FERPA and confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Advisors will additionally have responsibility for aspects of specific programs and initiatives from the Center for student success, such as:
- Undeclared students
- Support for Student athletes
- Support for Graduate and Professional Programs
- Nursing and aspiring nursing students
- Provide direction for PAC (Peer Advising Connection)
- Eagle Week
- Intervention for students on Academic Probation
- International Student Advising
- Intercultural initiatives
Husson is a University of choice for premier professional programs where students succeed, experiential learning is championed and global engagement is emphasized.
Apply Online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/zp94tnbjrc5q6337 PI110025166
Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of experience with college level students or the equivalent in experience; strength in student advocacy; strong problem-solving and collaborative skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; willingness to broaden and deepen areas of expertise in supporting student populations.
A Master's degree with 3 or more years of progressively responsible experience in student advising/support/teaching at the college level; demonstrated record of building positive relationships with and advocating for students from diverse backgrounds in an academic setting; knowledge of current best practices in academic advising. Familiarity with nursing programs and students is a plus.