Student Success Professional
Categories: Southeast Region 4
|Student Solutions Center
|Florida Southern College
|Apr 5 2019 10:00PM
The Student Success Professional acts as a primary resource for students in the area of academic advising.
- Provide academic advising.
- Lead student orientation.
- Address areas of academic concern with students.
- Work with students who have been referred for services such as tutoring, study skills, and time management assistance.
- Contact non-registered students during each registration period to provide needed assistance.
- Provide supplemental advising and registration help to current students.
- Promote campus support programs and co-curricular involvement opportunities.
- Make referrals to other points of service such as counseling, career center, student development, and disability services.
- Work collaboratively with the business and financial aid offices to help students understand financial information and options.
- Work with special populations such as exploratory, first-year, and second-year students in conjunction with other departments.
- Teach academic improvement sessions.
- Contribute to the success of the department by performing all other duties as needed to drive the vision, fulfill the mission, and abide by the values of the College.
Apply online at: https://www.flsouthern.edu/campus-offices/human-resources/human-resources-home.aspx
About Florida Southern College Founded in 1883, Florida Southern College is a private, comprehensive college and the oldest college in Florida. Florida Southern maintains its commitment to academic excellence through more than 55 undergraduate programs and distinctive graduate programs in business, accounting, education, and nursing. The student population of 2,723 undergraduate students and 432 graduate students come from 46 states and 48 foreign countries. Florida Southern has a 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio and is an award-winning national leader in engaged learning. It is ranked among the Top 20 Best Universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report; named a 2016 Top ROI College by Forbes; and included in The Princeton Review’s 381 Best Colleges and The Fiske Guide to Colleges 2017. The College is committed to the development of the whole student through vibrant student life programs that prepare graduates to make a positive, consequential impact on society. Located in Lakeland, Florida, the campus contains the world’s largest single site collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The college is consistently ranked high on The Princeton Review’s “Most Beautiful Campus” list and was voted number one for two years in a row.
Shari Szabo Dean of Student Success firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- College advising experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and organizational skills are required.
- Computer literate to include Microsoft Office Suite
Master’s degree strongly preferred