The Undergraduate Advisor will report to the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Programs and ensure the timely and high quality academic advising support to incoming and current Bachelor’s of Science in Information Science (BSIS) students. Academic advising will include providing information about the creation and review of 4-year plans, degree requirements, course selection, university policies and procedures, degree progress, and graduation clearances to a student body representing a variety of backgrounds and abilities. Advising may take place in one-on-one or group settings and in both face-to-face and online formats. Advising may take place on either the College Park and Shady Grove UMD campuses. The Undergraduate Advisor will also assist in the coordination and execution of events related to academics and student life for BSIS students within the College of Information Studies.
Founded in 1856, University of Maryland, College Park is the flagship institution in the University System of Maryland. Our 1,250-acre College Park campus is just minutes away from Washington, D.C., and the nexus of the nation’s legislative, executive, and judicial centers of power. This unique proximity to business and technology leaders, federal departments and agencies, and a myriad of research entities, embassies, think tanks, cultural centers, and non-profit organizations is simply unparalleled. Synergistic opportunities for our faculty and students abound and are virtually limitless in the nation’s capital and surrounding areas. The University is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff that will enhance our stature of preeminence in our three missions of teaching, scholarship, and full engagement in our community, the state of Maryland, and in the world.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Information Science or a related degree and 2-3 years of experience in academic advising.
- Knowledge and understanding of student development and advising.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to function in a team-oriented environment
- Master’s degree in higher education, education, information science, or a related field.
- Experience with University of Maryland, College Park undergraduate programs, systems, and services.