Plaque presented at the Annual Conference in the fall.
- A nominee must be a current member of NACADA and must also have a history of involvement and membership in the organization.
- Previous winners are not eligible.
- Current members of the Board of Directors and Council are not eligible for consideration for this award. After the member’s term of office is over, s/he may then be eligible for consideration.
Nominations must contain adequate factual or descriptive material for the Selection Committee to evaluate the nomination, including:
- A completed Nomination Submission.
- A supporting letter from the nominator, providing evidence that the candidate has made significant contributions to NACADA, the profession of academic advising, leadership in the field of advising, as well as related professional areas, and a commitment to the importance of academic advising at a regional, national or global level.
- Letters of support from colleagues, staff and students, not to exceed three letters in any category (9 letters maximum).
- Additional materials that support the candidate's nomination. The online system will allow you to submit more than one attachment for the appendices but the total number of pages if printed should be no more than 40.
Please be sure to review the Submission Instructions page before beginning your nomination.
The current NACADA Council members in place at the time of the review period read and score the nominations in this category. The NACADA Vice President makes the final award selections based on the reviews completed by the Council members.