Nominations must contain adequate factual or narrative material that describes the extent to which an individual meets the awards criteria. Include the following items in the order listed below and use objective data to support the nomination.
- A completed Nomination Submission.
- Two separate PDF files as outlined below.
File # 1 includes:
- A Summary of the Nominee’s Qualifications- In this key piece, the nominator should summarize the extent to which the nominee meets the award criteria, citing letters of support, data, or other materials illustrative of exemplary performance as an advisor. How does this nominee consistently go beyond expected job duties to provide outstanding advising?
- Nominee Resume or Curriculum Vitae- Please limit entries to material that pertains directly to academic advising, presenting relevant information from the nominees overall resume/vita. Please include a current position description with a list of job responsibilities and the percentages of time spent in each area of responsibility.
- A personal statement that includes the nominee's advising philosophy.
File #2 includes all appendices to support the nominator’s recommendation:
- Representative materials developed by the nominee such as articles published, resources and tip sheets created for students, training materials for faculty/staff, presentations given, etc. These materials should show how the nominee has gone above and beyond regular advising job duties to meet a level of outstanding work.
- At least 3 letters of support from advisees, colleagues, and administrators. Letters of support or additional materials sent separate from the nomination packet will not be considered.
- Other pertinent information from nominator.
Appendices are limited to a maximum of 40 pages. The online system will allow you to submit more than one attachment for the appendices but the total number of pages if printed should be no more than 40.
*Nominations must include only original documentation prepared specifically for the NACADA Global Awards Program. Materials intended for other award programs will not be considered.
Submit a Nomination