Participants will complete in-depth readings, post replies to discussion boards, and complete quizzes and other assignments. Participants can work at their own pace within each week. There will be weekly assignments but no set time to be online. Participants will have the entire week to complete that week's content, which could be completed in several days or done during the week as their schedule allows. By offering this information in an online format, participants are provided a learning opportunity that can be accessed either in their own home or office, and at a time of day that works best for their schedules. Assignments, including discussion posts, quizzes, and readings will be required each week.
The eTutorial is 3.5 (3 1/2) weeks in length.
Participants should expect to spend between four-eight hours per week completing the reading, posts, and assignments.
This eTutorial is structured in a manner that allows the participants to develop an international network through interaction with other members of their cohort through virtual chat rooms and discussion boards.
Moderators will be assigned to assist those taking the eTutorial by posing questions for discussion, sharing successful practices, and answering questions.
- Introduction to issues and research about undecided college students
- Who are the undecided college students?
- Introduction to a curriculum for working with undecided college students: self-assessment and educational planning
- Continuation of reviewing a curriculum for working with undecided college students: career planning and decision-making
- Summary of advising issues for working with undecided college student.
- Introduction to advising approaches for working with undecided college students
- Additional readings and resources for working with the undecided college student population
Each week will include an assessment component including questions covering material and participation in topical discussions.
Upon successful completion (70% or better within the eTutorial) of all 3.5 weeks, the participant will receive a certificate of completion suitable for framing.