Nomination Deadline: March 14, 2018
To be eligible for this scholarship:
- applicant must be a current member of NACADA,
- a NACADA member for two years,
- be currently enrolled in either a master's or doctoral program and
- must have worked as an academic advisor for two years with a minimum of a half-time appointment
Previous NACADA Scholarship recipients are not eligible. Current members of the Board of Directors and Council are not eligible for consideration for this award.
Please refer to the NACADA Scholarship Rubric for detailed criteria and scoring information.
To complete your application, you must submit the following documents:
- A completed application via the Submission Portal
- Nominee's Career Goals Statement that includes:
- Resume/Vitae. Please limit entries to material which pertains directly to academic advising, presenting relevant information from the nominee’s overall resume/vitae. Please include a current job position description or list of job responsibilities and outline past professional development related to advising.
- Faculty Recommendation Letter. This letter should be submitted on institutional letterhead by the nominee's faculty advisor or a currently faculty member that works closely with the nominee on related academic advising coursework for their graduate program. The letter should include behavior-based examples, examples from students/colleagues and commentary/quotes regarding the following:
- qualifications as a graduate student
- work as an advisor
- future career goals
- academic/scholarly pursuits
- Employer Recommendation Letter. This letter should be submitted on institutional letterhead and completed by the nominee's current or most recent supervisor. The letter should include behavior-based examples, examples from students/colleagues and commentary/quotes regarding the following:
- qualifications as an advisor
- relationship with students, faculty, staff and others
- overall impressions of the nominee's career goals/aspirations in academic advising
All application materials must be submitted to arrive no later than the deadline.