- Current NACADA members may request one book every year.
- Request books via e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Books are shipped via UPS; please provide a street address, building and room number when requesting books.
- Watch this site for new books. Publishers send book review copies as new books are published but books are often requested for review the same day as they are posted.
- Note: we have received some books that are not directly related to advising (novels; topical non-fiction) that advisors might like to use with students as conversation starters or with other advisors as a common reading. Reviews of these books should emphasize ways in which advisors could use these books on their campuses.
Age of Ambition: Chasing Fortune, Truth, and Faith in the New China (Record# 1670)
- Evan Osnos. (2014). New York, NY 10011: Farrar, Straus and Giroux. 416 pp. $16.00 (Paperback). ISBN 978-0-374-53527-8.
City of Thorns (Record# 1675)
- Ben Rawlence. (2016). New York, NY 10010: Picador. 400 pp. $26.00 (Hardback). ISBN 978-1-250-06763-0.
Every Day (Record# 1680)
- David Levithan. (2012). New York, NY 10014: Ember. 384 pp. $9.99 (Paperback). ISBN 978-0-307-93189-4.
Fives and Twenty-Fives (Record# 1682)
- Michael Pitre. (2014). New York, NY 10018: Bloomsbury Publishing Plc. 400 pp. $17.00 (Paperback). ISBN 978-1-62040-755-4.
The Terrorist's Son (Record# 1697)
- Zak Ebrahim. (2014). New York, NY 10020: Simon & Schuster, Inc.. 105 pp. $16.99 (Hardback). ISBN 978-1-4767-8480-9.
A Thousand Miles from Nowhere (Record# 1698)
- John Gregory Brown. (2016). New York, NY 10104: Little, Brown and Company. 288 pp. $13.99 (Paperback). ISBN 978-0-316-30280-7.
The Type (Record# 1701)
- Sarah Kay. (2016). New York, NY 10104: Hachette Book Group. 48 pp. $12.00 (Hardback). ISBN 978-0-316-38660-9.
Without You there is No Us (Record# 1704)
- Suki Kim. (2014). New York, NY 10014: Penguin Books. 304 pp. $15.00 (Paperback). ISBN 978-0-307-72066-5.